Shelander Law Offices

December 2018 Archives

Annulment or divorce: for which should I file?

Do you need to dissolve your marriage but are not sure how to do it? In the state of Texas, you have two options. You can file for an annulment or you can pursue a divorce. Annulments are only possible in certain cases. What is the difference between a divorce and an annulment?

Common questions about child custody in Texas

If you are recently separated or divorced, it is likely that you are new to the process of child custody arrangements and modifications. All of the new information can feel overwhelming at first, but it is important to remember that the child custody courts in the state of Texas prioritize one thing: the best interests of the child in question.

Types of adoption available to Texas residents

If you are considering adopting in the state of Texas, you might want to start your research by understanding the types of adoption that are possible. The process of adopting a newborn baby from American or international parents can be a very different process than adopting your grandchild, or niece or nephew, for example.

Showing that a restaurant is liable for your injury

When you become injured in a public place, you will have already gone through a great deal of pain and suffering as a result. It is likely that you will think it unfair that in addition to the stress of the incident, you will also have to go through the process of filing a legal claim.

Email Us For a Response

Put 40 Years Of Experience To Work For You

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

245 North 4th Street
Beaumont, Texas 77701

Phone: 409-234-1479
Fax: 1-409-833-3935
Map & Directions