Shelander Law Offices

Making an emotional distress claim after an injury

When you are injured in any type of accident, the immediate emphasis will be placed on your physical well-being. Medical professionals will want to make sure that you recover as quickly as possible. But once your physical injuries have healed, you may be left with anxiety and distress that was never dealt with in the aftermath of the incident.

Emotional distress can be just as prevalent as a physical injury after an accident, but it is not so commonly treated. If you are feeling upset and anxious after you have been injured in an accident, you may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). As a result, you may be able to make a claim against the responsible party for emotional damages.

How can I prove that I'm suffering from emotional stress in the state of Texas?

It is important that you start to document the impact of your emotional distress as soon as you realize that it has become an issue. You should start by keeping a diary of your mental state and writing down any anxious thoughts or flashbacks that you have experienced.

If you are having problems with sleeping as a result of the emotional stress, you may want to keep a diary of your sleeping habits. This can be used as evidence when making a claim. In addition, your medical provider can write a statement after examining you.

It is important to know that treatment, such as counseling and therapy, can be effective for PTSD. The cost of these services can be covered after making a personal injury claim.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Put 40 Years Of Experience To Work For You

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

245 North 4th Street
Beaumont, Texas 77701

Phone: 409-234-1479
Fax: 1-409-833-3935
Map & Directions